Royal Enfield's New Motorcycle – The Himalayan
Royal Enfield is a name which is abundantly respected by the Indian bike group. The bang pound sound of the motor is for all intents and purposes an exchange stamp and declares the bicycle's entry much before it can be seen. The old cast iron motor offered route to the unit development motor a couple of years back, and now begins another section in Royal Enfield history – another motor and an all new sort of bike that goes at a bargain in Sprin
1. The engine is an all new design of 411cc, which makes 24.5bhp of power and is fed by a carburetor. There’s no kick starter either.
2. Since it’s an off roader, it gets a suitably tall suspension with 200 mm of travel up front and 180 mm travel for the rear. It also gets a ground clearance of 220 mm. All this should come in handy when traveling to Ladakh!
3. It weighs in at 182 kgs and has the option to attach panniers, so you can carry the entire luggage for an off road adventure trip.
4. The 15 litre fuel tank should suffice for most adventure trips. Front and rear disc brakes should make braking a simple affair.
5. Prices haven’t been revealed yet, but should be under Rs 2 lakh mark when it goes on sale in a moth’s time.
2/3/2016 | 1321