The new OLED display on the Samsung Galaxy S9 is the best smartphone display ever tested, according to lab analysis from DisplayMate.
The company notes that the Galaxy S9 delivers consistent Top Tier display performance and is the first display to receive All Green ratings in all of its lab test and measurement categories.
Instead of just focusing on pushing the OLED hardware performance levels even higher for the Galaxy S9, Samsung has concentrated on significantly enhancing and optimizing the on-screen Absolute Picture Quality and Absolute Color Accuracy of the OLED display by implementing precision factory display calibration, moving the overall Galaxy S9 display performance to Outstanding levels, and setting many new Display Performance Records, including Absolute Color Accuracy that is Visually Indistinguishable From Perfect, and almost certainly considerably better than your existing Smartphone, living room 4K Ultra or HDTV, Tablet, Laptop, and computer monitor based on our detailed Lab measurements. The Galaxy S9 is the most innovative and high performance Smartphone display that we have ever Lab tested, breaking and establishing many new Display Performance Records
The Galaxy S9 matches or sets new Smartphone Display Performance Records for:
● Highest Absolute Color Accuracy (0.7 JNCD) – Visually Indistinguishable From Perfect.
● Smallest Luminance Shifts with Varying Picture Content for OLEDs (6 percent).
● Highest Peak Display Brightness (1,130 nits).
● Largest Native Color Gamut (113% DCI-P3 and 141% sRGB / Rec.709).
● Highest Contrast Ratio (Infinite).
● Lowest Screen Reflectance (4.4 percent).
● Highest Contrast Rating in Ambient Light (257).
● Smallest Brightness Variation with Viewing Angle (29 percent at 30 degrees).
● Smallest Color Variation of White with Viewing Angle (1.1 JNCD at 30 degrees).
● Highest Screen Resolution 3K (2960x1440) – 4K does not appear visually sharper on a Smartphone.
The iPhone X previously held the top position in DisplayMate's rankings. While the Galaxy S9 was announced last month, it doesn't arrive until March 16th.
Hit the link below for DisplayMate's full review.
3/1/2018 | 505